My Favourite Art Materials for Watercolor Illustration

Monday, July 03, 2017



Hello my dear friends and followers, 

Today I would like to talk about my favourite art materials for watercolor illustration. In my professional opinion it has a huge impact for the quality your work. Delicious dishes can be crafted from the best ingredients and this make sense to me, that's why I invest in "good art ingredients". I think also about people who are buying my work, I would like to be sure that they get something unique, something what last years... I trust some well known French brands with a history, not because of "famous name", because I know that they made products with the respect of traditions, which is a priority for making the best value products. 

My favourite watercolor paper brand is Arches, acid free paper, with beautiful, smooth texture. For simple sketches I use to take Canson sketchbook - without any texture, white cotton paper.
The main products for painting is highly pigmented watercolor set. I use Sennelier Aquarelle (I'm quite obsessed about this). They are made using traditional methods since 1887 in the same way for more than a century using the best pigments and top quality Kordofan Gum Arabic. This mix of natural ingredients produces colours which have a vibrant, bright texture and offer lively, colourful shades. To make some first sketches I have some small travel box of Van Gogh Watercolors, easy to pack to the suitcase when I travel. 
J.Herbin because of the best quality of ink (include rich metallics, shimmering pearlescents). My favourite colour is Stormy Grey and Lie De Thé. Natural bruches Charvin, they are ideal for precise work using any painting technique, I have a huge collection of brushes which includes also: Kolibri good-quality, Japanese Calligraphy brushes, etc. 
My second obsession is a vintage wooden pen, I have all box of accessories to make different size and shapes of calligraphy lines. 

My favourite art shops in Paris are Sennelier (I would love to talk about this historical place soon on my blog) and Rougier & Plé at Saint Germain. 

Thank you for visiting, have a wonderful week!
------------

Projects, partnerships or licensing, please contact me: 
atelier@annaostapowicz.com
Thank you for visiting!

You Might Also Like

0 komentarze

Instagram

Subscribe